Translate

Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year's Resolution for Walmart...






























Dear Walmart -


Here is a copy of the email that I sent to Walmart regarding the attitude/vibe that I got when I used their Ad Match feature for 1 item;


"Recently I went to my local Walmart on Southern and Rural in Tempe,Arizona. I had wanted to pick a few things and use price match on an item. The price match was for 1 item and was within your policy of a specific item (brand, size). I was questioned over whether or not the competing ad had expired and if I had the ad with me, even though customers are required not to bring them into the store.


While my cashier was nice, she and her manager were hesitant to match the ad at first. It was a price match for some liquid soap at 99 cents vs. your price of 1.47. I was a bit taken aback at the amount of bartering that I had to do on it. Because of this behavior, I've decided to simply shop for the item I want at this listed price I want, at another store. Please don't use price match as a selling point, if your employees will be afraid to commit to it."




Again, Walmart, if you are going to sell a feature, trust the folks that want to use it a bit more. Who would have known how long of a process it would have been if I had tried to price match several things.




Citations - 0007418226090_500X500. Digital image. Walmartimages.com. Web. 02 Jan. 2012. .

No comments: